Von: Jeff Haran [mailto:jharan@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 03:53
An: Lehner Franz; linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: RE: Network: Duplicate MAC adress response in multihomed system : All Kernels

I ran into the same thing myself and since linux is infinitely
configurable, I figured I'd go poking around in
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all. Perhaps application of the following would
get you what you want, though I haven't tested it myself (though I would
be interested in reading what you find out about it since I am too lazy
and currently lack the equipment to try it myself).

See:
http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/Using_arp_announce/arp_ignore_to_d
isable_ARP

===QUOTE===
arp_ignore - INTEGER
	Define different modes for sending replies in response to
	received ARP requests that resolve local target IP addresses:
	0 - (default): reply for any local target IP address, configured
	on any interface
	1 - reply only if the target IP address is local address
	configured on the incoming interface
	2 - reply only if the target IP address is local address
	configured on the incoming interface and both with the
	sender's IP address are part from same subnet on this interface
	3 - do not reply for local addresses configured with scope host,
	only resolutions for global and link addresses are replied
	4-7 - reserved
	8 - do not reply for all local addresses

	The max value from conf/{all,interface}/arp_ignore is used
	when ARP request is received on the {interface}

===END QUOTE===

Another interesting one is arp_announce described on the same page.

Jeff Haran
Brocade Communications Systems

-