Re: PATCH zero-copy send completion callback

From: Eric Barton <eeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:51:30 +0100

> This patch has been used with the lustre cluster file system
> (www.lustre.org) to give notification when page buffers used to send
> bulk data via TCP/IP may be overwritten.  It implements...

I would suggedt that you post these kinds of infrastructure patches
when you design this stuff, not after you've had your filesystem
depending upon it all of this time.

Also, the correct mailing list to get to the networking developers
is netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  "linux-net" is for users.

Finally, I very much doubt you have much chance getting this
change in, the infrastructure is implemented in a very ad-hoc
fashion and it takes into consideration none of the potential
other users of such a thing.  And these days we're trying to figure
out how to eliminate skbuff and skb_shared_info struct members
whereas you're adding 16-bytes of space on 64-bit platforms.

-