IPv6 Flow Labels and options headers under Linux

Hi,

I have been playing around with IPv6 flow labels on UDP under Linux.
When using flow labels on a socket, I seem unable to set the per-hop
options header on a per-packet basis. It works if I set the per-hop
options header while acquiring the flow label from the kernel. I am
wondering if Linux enforces the following from Appendix A of RFC2460:

"
 All packets belonging to the same flow must be sent with the same
 source address, destination address, and flow label.  If any of those
 packets includes a Hop-by-Hop Options header, then they all must be
 originated with the same Hop-by-Hop Options header contents
 (excluding the Next Header field of the Hop-by-Hop Options header).
"

Does anyone know if that is the case?

Oh, and BTW is the API to obtain flow labels from the kernel
documented somewhere else than in the source code?

Regards,
Paul Fleischer
-