From: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Heng Du <debbiehow315@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:17:52 +0200
Subject: Re: E1000 zero copy

 On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 14:55 +0800, Heng Du wrote:
Hi all,

I want to know if there is an existing patch to e1000 network driver
to enable zero copy.
If so, can you share me with it?
If not, is it accepable if I submit a patch?
Many thanks

Hi,

The e1000 driver supports zero copy for sending already for a long time
(if I remember correctly, since 2.4.3 kernel or so) already. Zero copy
receive is a much harder issue, and for that you need more
infrastructure; I think the IOAT patches that got merged last night in
the post-2.6.17 tree will help for that, but I do not know if what got
merged is sufficient already for full support.
I hope this answers your question; if not I would like to ask you to
explain in more detail what you mean by "enable zero copy"...

Greetings,
  Arjan van de Ven

-