Flushing NAT Rules

Hi all,

I am facing the serious problem with the iptable nat rules. i am adding one nat rule for changing the source ip address if the destination is some specific ip. Initially packets are forwarding according to the rule what I added and connection is established, while forwarding the packets,then I changed the destination IP address in the rule. Adding this new rule does not change the established connection flow, but the new connection established are following the new rule for packets flow

On searching in google for such a problem, flushing the connection tracking cache was given as a solution which am not able to find. Can anybody tell how this flushing can be done.

I am using the linux 2.4 kernel And i tried the
1. ip route table cache flush
2. Adding the nat rules with the -m state options

Also, is the given solution an ideal one or is there some better solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ashok

believed to be clean.