Re: VLAN interface on top of the bridge interface

Hello,

I have some additional information.

When vlan interfaces are created on top of the real NIC (so not over bridged interface), it works. So I would say, that it really looks like bridge is discarding anything bigger than 1500. But this is happening only when /proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables = 0. If this is set to 1, it works.

Problem here is, that I really do not want to see bridged traffic in iptables, because it is causing troubles on another place. :-)

Best Regards,
Martin

Martin Rusko wrote:
Hello all,

in order of achieving some redundancy I have following setup:

(eth1+eth2) = br0

vlan100 (raw device: br0)
vlan200 (raw device: br0)

  Commands I used to get this set up are as follows:

ip link set eth1 up
ip link set eth2 up

brctl addbr br0
brctl addif eth1
brctl addif eth2

ip link set br0 up

vconfig set_name_type VLAN_PLUS_VID_NO_PAD
vconfig add br0 100
vconfig add br0 200

To make everything behave correctly also with marking in iptables I had to disable bridge-nf:

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables

Now my questions is ... should I expect any problems with tagged packet size?

When packet passes vlan interface it is tagged. So its size increases. If packet had size 1500, its size increases to 1504 at least. Is such a packet processes by bridge code, or discarded?

When I tried, without lowering MTU on vlan interfaces, I was not able to deliver full ethernet sized packets.

Any answer is higly appreciated. Many thanks.

Best Regards,
Martin
-
-