RE: doubt about DMA

I found a document named "Understanding the Linux Virtual Memory
Manager" quite helpful in this regard. Its a little dated at this point
since the description in it covers how this works in the 2.4 kernel, so
I don't know how applicable it is to 2.6, but the document is very well
written.

See:

http://www.skynet.ie/~mel/projects/vm/

There's also a print version available at Amazon, et. al.

Jeff Haran
Brocade Communications Systems

-