Re: Data corruption when using TCP sockets

That kernel is beyond ancient -- a 2.4.9 errata kernel was released on
the day that Red Hat 7.2 shipped.  It is known buggy and superceeded by
many kernels with substantial bugfixes.

		-ben

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 05:05:28PM +0530, madanagopal wrote:
> hai,
>    We have a socket application in C which connects to a Java application
> through TCP sockets. We use read() system call to read from the socket.
> The Java application sends more than 20000 bytes of data sometimes. In the
> C program, we read those bytes as Type,Length,Value fields where a
> separate read() call is used for each field. This sometimes creates a data
> corruption while it works other times.
>    We observe that the first 16384 bytes get read properly. Extra byte or
> bytes get added in the 16385 th location and this shifts the bytes from
> 16385 onwards. Because of this our C program gets confused and we are
> forced to reopen the socket. This is not predictable. Suddenly this
> problem occurs. Is this an already known issue and if so what
> is it? How to solve it?
>    We are running both the applications in the same machine which runs
> Red Hat Linux release 7.2 and its kernel version is 2.4.7-10
> -
> : send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in

"You know, I've seen some crystals do some pretty trippy shit, man."
Don't Email: <dont@xxxxxxxxx>.
-