RE: ip_route_output() has different behavior for different modules on Montavista Linux.

> On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:47:30 -0800
> "Santosh Gupta" <Santosh.Gupta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > [1.] One line summary of the problem:
> > ip_route_output() has different behavior for different
> modules on Montavista
> > Linux.
> What did Montavista say?

Montavista is looking into it.
Since its urgent and I have exhausted all my options of searching on the web, I thought I might quicker reply by sending to the mailing list.

> > [2.] Full description of the problem/report:
> > I have a 3rd party ipsec-stack which has route lookup
> problems on MontaVista
> > Linux CGE 3.1.
>
> Is this an open source one? where is the source?

No, this is not open source. But I have pasted the relevent code snippet and my working sample code
in my original mail.
Although ip_route_output() would be a function call for any kernel module, I want to confirm if the called
function can identify the caller module using some other method, hence behaving differently for
different modules.

Thanks,
Santosh

-