Re: send_sigqueue problem..

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 07:48:27PM -0500, ppunnam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> This may be outof networking topic but help really appreciated .
>
> i am trying to use the linux signaling to signal a user process from
> the kernel.. i require a reliable(without any signal loss) and fast
> signaling mechanism. i tried to use the send_sigqueue to send the
> signals...here what i did

Anytime some says "reliable no loss stream" you have to answer the
question: what do you do when your buffer fills up?

Signals will get dropped if you send too many, max_queued_signals
appears to be 1024 (in my old version anyway). What did you expect to
happen, you could keep sending signals until the end of time?

You could also use a pipe, but again, what do you do when your buffer
fills up?

Can't help you with the rest.

Have a ncie day,
--