Re: Selection of TCP congestion avoidance algo per interface?

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Dag Bakke wrote:

The majority of the traffic is http. Thus, if I put up a web proxy on either side of the satellite link, I would be able to use 'hybla' on the interfaces pointing towards the satellite link and whatever makes more sense on the proxies interfaces pointing towards the clients/servers.

Does this sound like it could work?

Yes.

You just needs to make your proxy select the appropriate congestion control via setsockopt().

rc = setsockopt(socket, SOL_TCP, TCP_CONGESTION, char *name);

returns 0 on success, <0 on error.

alternatively maybe the routing could be extended with congestion control information, but it looks like this may require a fair bit of changes..

Regards
Henrik
-