RE: Kernel Routing and the IntraNet

FYI, it also defines the preferred source IP address of packets
transmitted out that device.

> >> The local IP stack will get somewhat upset if it receives
> IP packets
> >> with
> >> a source IP matching one of it's own interfaces, as this indicates
> >> something is wrong in the network either an IP conflict or
> packets being
> >> looped back to the sender host.

I assume you are referring to unicast packets here. I would think that
packets like this should be expected if one were to ping an attached
subnet's broadcast address.

Jeff Haran
Brocade Communications Systems
-