RE: Westwood performance?

40Kbyte might not be large, but it's enough to fit ~26 1500 byte
segments into the pipe, which according to the Westwood
documents/publications I have read should be plenty.  Dell'Aera et. al.
states in their paper that when the pipe size is larger than a few MSS
Westwood+ shows improvement over Reno up to 53%.  It looks like Linux is
using Vegas so I'm not sure how much better Vegas does over Reno which
might deplete the difference I am seeing.  Of course they also show
results much less spectacular, where Westwood+ actually underperformed
Reno by -9% at times.  In this case the pipe size only accommodated
between 0.5-5 MSS.  So I believe my BDP should be sufficient, but either
way I will increase it and see what happens ...

Tx,
Adam

-