Re: Kernel Routing and the IntraNet

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Al Boldi wrote:
> > When attempting to construct a least-effort transparent Cluster I got
> > this:
> >
> > bond0: received packet with own address as source address
> >
> > Config:
> > bond0 10.0.0.1 eth0,eth1 on switch
> > bridge0 10.0.0.1 bond0,eth2 on bnc
> >
> > Route:
> > 10.0.0.0/8 bridge0
> >
> > Is there a way to make this message go away?
>
> Are you using a bonding mode supported by the switch?

All modes work fine when the bond is not part of the bridge.

> You should not be seeing this message on unicast traffic, ever. If you do
> then something is very wrong in your network (most likely an IP conflict).

The message stops when one of the bonded devs like eth1 is downed.
Removing the IP from the bond makes no diff.

Also, what's the idea of this tight IP to devMAC relationship?
Shouldn't the IP be on a different level of abstraction from the lower dev
abstraction and then linked via some map?

Thanks for your help!

--
Al

-