Re: Kernel Routing sequence

Good morning, Mr. Al Boldi

You sir, are an idiot.

  : I agree! And this is the problem; it should be
  : smarter than just blindly follow the routing
table.

That's what routing does!  A packet reaches a router
and the router decides where to ship it out.  There is
no "state-tracking" or similar smarts in routing.

Here are my suggestions:

step 1: Learn the OSI model

step 2: Learn how ethernet works

step 3: learn basic IP networking

step 4: learn how routing works

Clearly, you need these basic tutorials, or else you
wouldn't be asking these questions.  There is
documentation out there:

http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/search.pl?query=linux+IP

Once you have mastered these basics, look into policy
routing:

http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/search.pl?query=linux+policy
+routing

Now then.  After reading everything you can find and
if you're still having problems, come back and ask
*intelligent* questions.  I'm sure everyone on the
list would be happy to help then.

Oh, and one other thing:

  : It is a least-effort attempt at constructing a
  : load-balanced fault-tolerant network!

(sarcasm)

I know I like to design and use shoe string solutions
held together with duct tape and bubble gum for
situations that require load-balancing and fault
tolerance.

(/sarcasm)

-Matt