Re: Kernel Routing sequence

Soininen Jonne (NET/Espoo) wrote:
> What I would really like to know, if the two networks to which your
> node is connected are subnets of the same network or two distict
> networks with overlapping addresses. Could you please clarify that?

The current kernel implemention treats them as one network with three
subgroupings (subnets). What is needed is to treat them as two
distinct networks because there are two nics.

> In addition, I have yet to understand (and I think other people on
> this list are struggling with it also) what is that you are trying
> to do. Maybe you could really draw a diagram and maybe explain what
> application/service you are trying to use.

> >It is a least-effort attempt at constructing a load-balanced
> >fault-tolerant network!

Diagram (f/t proof-of-concept only):
host/gw 10.0.0.1,10.0.1.1
switch---client 10.0.0.2

client 10.0.1.2

Apps:
ping, telnet,...

Problem:
eth1 link fails; host can't return packets to client 10.0.1.2

--
Al

-