Re: Introducing delay between acknowledgement generation!!help needed!!

On Friday 20 May 2005 12:22 am, Pradeep Anbumani wrote:
> Hi Guyz,
>
>    I need to generate a delay of 20ms between each duplicate
> acknowledgement that I generate. I'm in dire need of your suggestions
> on how to introduce this delay of 20ms in between each of the
> duplicate acknowledgements that I generate. So please help me out with
> this problem..............
>
> Thank u guyz a lot in advance,
> Pradeep.A

Yes we see your message. Please dont double post.

Delaying 20ms should be an easy task. There are multitudes of sleeps and
task_interruptible(kernel-mode) you can use to get 20ms. Usleep can bring you
down to 20ms. I believe it has a minimum of 10ms. Just be aware with all
timers that there can be precision problems. Research each method to find one
with the precision and error you can tolerate. Google is your friend, this
question has been answered many times over.

> -
> : send the line "unsubscribe linux-net" in

--EB

> All is fine except that I can reliably "oops" it simply by trying to read
> from /proc/apm (e.g. cat /proc/apm).
> oops output and ksymoops-2.3.4 output is attached.
> Is there anything else I can contribute?

The latitude and longtitude of the bios writers current position, and
a ballistic missile.

                --Alan Cox LKML-December 08,2000