Re: Re-writing the 2.6.11.8 Kernel IPsec stack for hardware crypto offload

Jivin Evgeniy Polyakov lays it down ...
> On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 11:38 +0100, Dan Searle wrote:
> > Hi People,
> >
> > Sorry if I'm reiterating, or posting anything to the wrong place,
> > but I'm new to the main line Kernel devel mailing lists, so please
> > bare with me!
> >
> > I'm currently re-writing the 2.6 IPsec stack so that it uses hardware
> > crypto on an IXP425 processor. This involves using the dreaded Intel
> > IXP400 Access Library, don't panic, I'm not about to ask how to
> > compile it!
>
> First of all, I would like to know do you want to use existing
> asynchronous
> crypto layers aka
> acrypto [http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/?section=projects&item=acrypto]
> OCF [http://ocf-linux.sourceforge.net/]
> and if not, then why?
> They already provide all needed async callback mechanism and are
> designed specially for hardware crypto assistant.

Also, OCF already includes an IXP4xx driver.  The current version on
sourceforge isn't quite up to the task for kernel level IPSEC processing,
but I think I have just fixed that part.  I am just cleaning up the SKB
processing for both the hifn and safenet drivers and I should have
something worth a release.

Cheers,
Davidm

--