Re: HELP:DNS cache

em...may be our configuration a bit different, once my dns server is down i can't ping any hosts but only what were inside my "/etc/hosts" file. or,my linux box will resolve via secondary dns server. is good to know if some one can tell the command "abc" :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wei Dong" <weid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "kennyen" <kennyen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: HELP:DNS cache

Hi kennyen:
I'm very glad that you've answered my question.But what i wanted to konw is the command to empty the DNS cache.For example:
If i know the command to empty the DNS cache,and it is "abc". I've run BIND9,then i enter "ping www.test.com" The DNS server will return the IP Address 192.168.0.1. Then i shutdown DNS server,but the resolution messages still in client pc DNS cache(OS Linux).I enter "ping www.test.com", the ping program still can ping 192.168.0.1.After i enter the command "abc",i run ping program ,the ping program will show "Unknow host name",now what i want to konw is the command "abc".
----- Original Message ----- From: "kennyen" <kennyen@xxxxxxxxxxx>