Re: Do you know the linux TCP stack?

That's correct. The routing has already been done (I'm about to queue the
packet to the hardware), and all I need is to find the IP address that came
out of the routing function.  As you said, the address may or may not be
the one in the IP header.  So how do I get hold of it?  In the BSD stack,
this address is part of the transmit API, but under Linux that does not seem
to be the case.

To illustrate this further, my hardware uses the interface IP addreses also
for the physical layer (instead of Ethernet addresses).  Before I send the
packet
I need to fill the physical header.  This would normally be done by ARP,
but in my case the IP to physical is an identity mapping.  I just have no clue
how to implement it under a stack/API that seems to target mainly the Ethernet
model.

-Zdenek