Re: primary and secondary ip addresses

Yes, using the same concept used in Junos would make things much easier. On top of this, when I change the primary IP, it takes about 500ms to see the change applied which is critical for real time applications. Using more than one primary IP would solve this as well.
Also it seems that if I have a primary address and a secondary one (alias), even though I make the primary address invalid (trying to force the kernel to use the secondary first), the kernel still tries the primary first regardless of its validity (I set the primary IP to 0.0.0.0).
Anybody has any comments about this?
Can anyone point out to me where is the code for primary/secondary IPs in the kernel?

Thanks a lot,
Andrea

Hasso Tepper wrote: