Re: Route by dst port?

On Sunday October 31 2004 09:30, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> You reported that TCPDump of the request flow looks ok (I asume you also
> checked source/destination ip and ports, and mac)). And that you also see
> the response from peer. Since I also asume that the back route to the
> laptop is a simple static entry:(**)
>
> the problem may be with the FIB cache for that particular flow. Can you
> see what "route -C -ee"* tells you about that connection in both cases
> (while data flows).

You are right, for some reason it's not getting to the route cache. But why
only when it's based on marked.

Here's all I do at router #1. Router #2 is on eth0 and my laptop is on eth1,
it also has a T1 on ppp0.

iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -s [laptop] -p tcp --dport 80 -j MARK
--set-mark 0x50

ip route add default via [router #2] dev eth0 table http
ip rule add fwmark 0x50 table http
ip route flush cache

Traffic will flow to the remote, I get traffic from the remote location which
I can dump at router #1 eth0 and see a dst ether of router #1 and a dst IP of
laptop.

If I route all traffic by 'ip rule add from [laptop] table http' it works
fine. If I route all traffic by changing the MARK to encompass all traffic
from laptop it doesn't work. The only common denominator I see is the
marking, however if I leave the traffic marked when I route by src it still
works fine. It doesn't seem to be the routing or the marking alone that is
causing failure, but routing based on the mark explicitly.

--
http://www.skycon.net/
ICQ: 1796276