Re: Route by dst port?

On Sunday October 31 2004 03:21, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> In article <200410302331.26118.jason@jeetkunedomaster.net> you wrote:
> > Traffic dst 80 leaves my laptop, goes to my linux router on eth1, goes
> > out my eth0 on router to the other router out on the internet and recv's
> > the traffic back from the remote, all the way up to the linux router
> > which is doing the advanced routing, and then it's lost.
>
> Are you doing any masquerading? From your description it sounds, that the
> router does not know where to route the answers back.
>
> Or is your setup really able to respond to the same source ip address of
> the notebook?

Masq is being done at router #2, which is where router #1 gateways the port 80
traffic. I've tried with and without nat. It seems to be totally related to
the mangling which screws it up. If I use 'ip rule add from [laptop ip] table
http' I can route all traffic from my laptop w/o issues. If mark all laptop
traffic and I use 'ip rule add fwmark 0x50 table http' it doesn't work. Which
really should do exactly the same thing as far as the routing is concerned.

And it seems to know where it needs to go. Looking at the ethernet/ip headers
router #2 is sending to router #1's ether addy, with the ip dst of my laptop.

--
http://www.skycon.net/
ICQ: 1796276