Re: Source address of IGMP packets

IGMP source addresses come from the route associated with
the interface address. You may be able to affect the source
address by changing the order you add the addresses. I haven't
tried it, so I don't know for sure.

I don't know of anyway to affect the IGMP source address from
the multicasting API. For IGMP, it doesn't matter what source
address it uses as long as it is one of them associated with that
interface. IGMP packets are link-local, so it should have no
effect on multicast forwarding. The only case I can think of where
it might matter is if you have a firewall filter that'll cause them to be
dropped if they choose the "wrong" address.

                                        +-DLS

-