Re: No TCP connections after MAC address change but UDP and ICMP work

Ok, quick check:

The broadcast packets you are seeing, are you sure they're not ARP?

Secondly, only TCP has SYN and ACK packets, so talking about SYN for
UDP doesn't make sense.

The easiest thing would be to check the destination MAC address of the
SYN-ACK packet and check that it actually matches the MAC address of
your machine. It could be that someone's ARP cache is taking a while to
notice that you changed your MAC address.

Is the machine responding to your UDP packets that same as the one
you're testing TCP against?

Hope this helps,