Forcing a connection from a particular NIC

Hi,

Given a setup where there are multiple NIC's (some of them being virtual
eth1:1, etc and others being real) and if they all have the same default gw
can a preference be made by a network-application such as the browser of
selecting to use a one NIC over another.

The idea here is that I should be able to select the source IP which should be
used by the network-application.

It is not possible to use RAW sockets here as we are dealing with net-apps and
hence we dont have access to their socket calls. Also, ifdown the not needed
NIC's is also not an option as all NIC's need to stay 'up' all the time.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Ronak
-