Re: b44 driver suspend/resume (was Re: [ACPI] Re: Re: various problems with Acer TM654, suspend, ACAD, radeon)

Hi Nathan!

On Mit, 25 Aug 2004, Nathan Bryant wrote:
> >Somebody needs to check if there is some code path that could prevent
> >b44 from calling request_irq()...
>
> Oops, never mind that. That's just because you hadn't ifup'd the device

I did.

> yet. But I still suspect a driver issue; your IRQ routing looks like it
> should be OK, but somebody is sending repeated interrupts. You could
> test with "acpi=noirq", but I don't think that will help.

It worked!!!! Yes, no problems. Booting with acpi=noirq and loading the
b44 module let it find irq 5 and it is working. I am writing this email
from after a resume, even X worked out of the box.

> Maybe what's happening here is the kernel believes I/O is already
> mapped, because it has loaded the memory image from before suspend.
>
> I think the first step is to fix the b44 driver's suspend and resume
> callbacks. They are definitely missing some critical PCI calls.

What it means that it works with acpi=noirq with regard to the above --
no idea. YOu know better.

So, is this something which should be fixed? That it is not working
without acpi=noirq?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien