Re: IPSec initialization problems

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 11:00:18AM -0300, Martín Chikilian wrote:
> >Everything originating from the other side is accepted, as far as I
> >know, by this rule ... or do I need to explicitly specify something for
> >ipsec to be accepted? Accepting everyting with ip-address of the other
> >side should be enough, right?
> >
> I think it is, but in doubt, so accept it explicitly with iptables -A
> INPUT -p esp -s ip -j ACCEPT

Nope, no succes.

> If this doesn't work, check isakmp.c at line 253, check_recvdpkt ()
> found at
> http://idsa.irisa.fr/cgi-bin/kame/http/source/kame/kame/racoon/isakmp.c
> or in your racoon source, and timers in your racoon.conf
>
> Ciao, Martin

The code at line 253 simply checks for duplicate packets, and ignores
them, as far as I can understand. The question is, why is the duplicate
packet sent? Apparently, the initiator doesn't receive the reply of the
remote end ... but the initiator's firewall has a default policy of
ACCEPT ... so that shouldn't be the problem, either!

I didn't change the timers section, it is still at the default values:
timer
{
    # These value can be changed per remote node.
    counter 5;      # maximum trying count to send.
    interval 20 sec;    # maximum interval to resend.
    persend 1;      # the number of packets per a send.

    # timer for waiting to complete each phase.
    phase1 30 sec;
    phase2 15 sec;
}

--