Adding a new protocol to linux

hello i want to add a new protocol to linux which can
be used to encrypt the tcp headers and payload and the
header of my protocol would contain the information for
Encryption /Decryption

              IP|MYPROTO|TCP(encrypted header+payload)

also it should be a static protocol ie i must be able
to use
socket(PF_INET,SOCK_MYPROTO,0) which would open a tcp
stream channel.
i tried to register a new protocol with the family
PF_INET but i don't know what work is done by the
members of the structure which is added to the static
array of protocols also i don't know about what other
functions have to be written as members of proto_ops
family if anyone can help me i would be very thankful.

Striata@rediffmail.com