Re: (MLD/Mobile IPv6) Sending in a tunnel

> IFF_MULTICAST is a capability of the device, not
> something set
> by applications. You can check by running "ifconfig
> tun0" or whatever
> the tunnel device name is and see if "MULTICAST" is
> set in the
> interface flags.

By default, it isn't set. I put in on on each tunnel
with ifconfig.

> Many tunnel types do support multicasting, but I
> have no idea if
> the IPv6 Mobility code does. It may be some other
> problem
> entirely. Is "iface" set correctly? Is the source
> address you're
> giving on the tunnel interface?

I believed that it supports it, because when i forward
UDP data on a SOCK_DGRAM it works fine. But here with
this SOCK_RAW it doesn't. The packet constructed is
valid, when i send it on the LAN interface, everything
works great.

> You can also try pinging the multicast address to
> see if you
> get answers from the other side. Use the "-I" to
> ping6 to specify
> the interface and the destination as "ff02::1". Do
> you get answers
> from the other side?

I tried this, and even after turning on the multicast
support on the tunnel, i get the same error "connect :
Network in unreachable".

The fact i don't understand, is why applicative data
can be send in multicast, but not these (UDP works,
but not ICMP).

++
Fred

-