ipsec & kptid: 2.4 kernels

hi,

i had posted to the lartc (no presponse) with a question that is
currently under discussion for 2.6 kernels ...

from the kptd shema (below) can someone point out where ispec
encrytion/decryption takes place in the diagram (2.4 kernels)? from
other posts, it appears that the meta data for the packet is maintained,
i.e., if we mark the eth0/esp packet in prerouting, that mark stays in
ipsec0 packet?

many thanks,

charles

                                     Network
                             -----------+-----------

                                +-------+------+
                                |    mangle    |
                                |  PREROUTING  | <- MARK REWRITE
                                +-------+------+

                                +-------+------+
                                |      nat     |
                                |  PREROUTING  | <- DEST REWRITE
                                +-------+------+

                                +-------+------+
                                |   ipchains   |
                                |    FILTER    |
                                +-------+------+

                                +-------+------+
                                |     QOS      |
                                |   INGRESS    | <- controlled by tc
                                +-------+------+

                 packet is for  +-------+------+ packet is for
                 this address   |     INPUT    | another address
                 +--------------+    ROUTING   +---------------+
                 |              |    + PRDB    |               |
                 |              +--------------+               |
         +-------+------+                                      |
         |    filter    |                                      |
         |    INPUT     |                                      |
         +-------+------+                                      |
         +-------+------+                                      |
         |    Local     |                                      |
         |   Process    |                                      |
         +-------+------+                                      |
         +-------+------+                                      |
         |    OUTPUT    |                              +-------+-------+
         |    ROUTING   |                              |    filter     |
         +-------+------+                              |    FORWARD    |
                 |                                     +-------+-------+
         +-------+------+                                      |
         |    mangle    |                                      |
         |    OUTPUT    | MARK REWRITE                         |
         +-------+------+                                      |
         +-------+------+                                      |
         |     nat      |                                      |
         |    OUTPUT    | DEST REWRITE                         |
         +-------+------+                                      |
         +-------+------+                                      |
         |    filter    |                                      |
         |    OUTPUT    |                                      |
         +-------+------+                                      |
                 +----------------+       +--------------------+
                                  |       |
                               |   ipchains   |