dst cache overflow

Hi All,
    I'm running a system with 2.4.22 kernel with following Julean's DGD
patch and ebtables(brnf) patch. Yesterday this system got many messages
...    ...    ...
kernel: dst cache overflow
kernel: MASQUERADE: No route: Rusty's brain broke!
...    ...    ...
    At that time I tried to get few free routing routing cache by stopping
network, removing ethernet driver module, removing bridge module, by ip
route flush cache. But nothing helped me out and finally I's not having any
option excepting rebooting this system. At that time the information in
slabinfo was saying
ip_dst_cache 16384 ... ... ... ... ...
while my /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/max_size  was containing 16384 only.
Infect I could have given a try with increase
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/max_size value but it didn't strikes up.

Anyways after some time of rebooting system I have few data regarding
routing cache entries and seems bit unrealistic or I should say out of my
understanding. Please have a look to following command outputs.

# cat /proc/slabinfo | grep ip_dst_cache ; cat /proc/net/rt_cache |wc -l ;ip
route ls cache | wc -l
ip_dst_cache        1435   1452    176   66   66    1 :   1438    7909    66
0    0
    416
    830

    Can anyone give some time for basic information for the significance
difference in above values. From best of my knowledge the first column of
ip_dst_cache, number of entries in rt_cache and route cache listed by
ip-command should contain similar value

Regards,
-- Sumit

-