replacement driver submission (fwd)

Jeff,

You mind want to take a look at update.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:37:48 -0800
From: Bruce Ferrell <bferrell@baywinds.org>
To: marcelo.tosatti@cyclades.com
Cc: Derek Smithies <derek.cindy@xtra.co.nz>
Subject: replacement driver submission

Hello Marcello,

I'd like to introduce myself to you.  My name is Bruce Ferrell. I am the
Director of Network Operations and Information Services for Quicknet
Technologies Inc.

On behalf of Quicknet, Derek Smithies (the author of this code) and
myself I submit to you a replacement for the 1.2 version of the Quicknet
IXJ driver currently shipped in the kernel.

This is the driver needed for the latest generation of Quicknet products
and it fully backward compatible with our older products.

We have always intended to keep the driver up to date, but
unfortunately, the press of business has caused this goal to slide.

Some of the features in this release of the code are thread safe
operation, stability in an SMP environment and just general cleanup.

As this code is currently built outside the kernel tree, it does need
for the running kernel and the build for the kernel to be coherent.

The code can be downloaded from the link below:

http://www.openh323.org/bin/ixj-3.1.0-src.tar.gz

I do understand that you have gone into maintainance mode for the 2.4
series kernels, but I would ask that you consider adding this to the tree.

Respectfully,

Bruce Ferrell
Director Network Operations/IS
Quicknet Technologies, Inc.