TCP congestion control

Dear all,

 I am a student moving my first steps in kernel hacking.
 I have to implement some experimental modifies to TCP congestion
control, that are part of a project by University of Bologna, Italy.
 The proposed congestion avoidance algorithm worked well on a ns-2
simulator, now my duty is to include it in a 2.4 kernel.

 I would really appreciate if you could give me some advices.

 Since the algorithm is very aggressive at some RTTs, the size of the
congestion window is limited by rwnd.
 I tried to locate where in the code the sender limits the congestion
window to min(CWND,RWND) [RFC 2581] but i couldn't get it.

 Moreover, my teacher told me to increase the upper cwnd limit to more
than 64Kb.

Thanks for your great patience.

Best regards

--