Kernel Modification needed

Hi,

I'm newbie in Kernel programming and this mailing list, so forgive me asking
and some probably stupid question or statements.
I want to experiment with some sort of TCP Proxy, which will implement a
kind of Snoop Protocol to empower the wireless link for some percent ;-).
I thought, if its possible to write just a user-program to implement this
functionality. I looked a the code of the pcap library to capture packets,
but couldn't find any kind of counterpart to send packets via the NIC. So I
have to change the current TCP implementation. Am I right or have just
something not considered/overlooked. Anyway, I think such a solution
wouldn't be very efficient.
Can you think perhaps of another solution?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

-