Multiple PPTP tunnels....

Hi,

I'm installing a VPN tunnel-concentrator based on Linux. We're
using PPTP for the tunnels. Seems to be working quite nicely, except
for a few catches.

First: Is there a limit on the number of tunnels that I will be
able to run? I can currently test with a few tunnels, but we'll be
installing over 100 soon....

Second: If two tunnels originate from the same IP address (*), things
seem to mess up. It looks as if Linux always uses "call ID 0", and
this SHOULD be used to distinguish between different tunnels.

Now all this "call ID" stuff is currently forbidden by the newest
GRE spec(2784), so I don't understand how the spec would want to
allow this situation.

		Roger.

(*) Two devices might be behind a masquerading internet router.
I know that this doesn't work if the router is an unpatched Linux
router, but we're working with an ADSL modem where (simultaneously)
connecting to a MicroSoft server works.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**** "Linux is like a wigwam -  no windows, no gates, apache inside!" ****