IPsec: Different ports pairs with different security associations

While doing some more IPsec testing on 2.6.0-test2 with Racoon as the IKE daemon, I came across the following behavior which does not seem correct. I was trying to have two different security associations between the same pair of hosts, where the traffic between one UDP port pair is protected with ESP, and the traffic between a different UDP port pair is protected with AH. For example, if A and B are the IPv6 addresses of the two hosts, then I was trying to get A:3000 <-> B:2000 protected with ESP, and A:3500 <-> B:2000 protected with AH. I have used the unique level for all of the SPD entries. As far as I can tell, the IKE daemon is correctly triggered and establishes the security associations correctly. In other words, there are two quick mode exchanges. Using setkey -D shows 4 security associations, two ESP ones and two AH ones with the appropriate end points. However, for whichever SA that is established second, the reply packets use the incorrect security association. For example, if the first security association established is the A:3000 <-> B:2000 with ESP, then all of this traffic is correctly protected by ESP, and traffic between A:3500 -> B:2000 is protected by AH. However, from B:2000 -> A:3500, the ESP SA for B:2000 -> A:3000 is applied instead of the AH one. It seems that the kernel is selecting the wrong SA to use to protect this traffic.

By the way, I tried the exact same setup using IPv4 addresses instead, and this problem did not occur. Any ideas on why this would be?

Brian

-