Re: [IPSEC] Move hardware headers for decaped packets

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 03:42:09 +0400 (MSD)
kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:

> > First of all, you cannot mangle the packet contents.
>
> It has been mangled by transformation.

Some day AH might not, nothing actually requires AH to
mangle packet.  The fact that it unshares the packet
currently is because of implementation convenience
not necessity.

Also, there is pure IPIP xfrm case (f.e. ipcomp with
no compression).  No mangling and no SKB unsharing
will occur in that case.

It is not so big tragedy, in cases where mangling has
occured already the unshare check we need to add to
this MAC header editing code will simply pass.

> No, really. IPIP reassigns the packet to tunnel device and
> old MAC header is deleted, IPIP header becomes new MAC header.

Ok.

So at least two things need to be changed in Herbert's patch:

1) Must add check for necessary SKB header space before
   copying data in front of skb->data
2) SKB must be made unshared for mangling.
-