Re: Linux Zero Copy

Dave,
	But in the case of the user making a temp file, mmaping it,
writing to the mmaped area and then using sendfile, we are not saving any
copy. Is'nt this the same like, user passing a buffer to sendmsg(). This
buffer gets copied to an skbuff (equivalent to user data being written in
the page cache). Now from this point onwards both sendfile and sendmsg
have the same overhead. How am I gaining using sendfile, unless the
same data has to be sent more than once, in which case the sendfile()
approach will benefit by not having to copy the data from user space
2nd (and consecutive) time around.
Also true for Jeff's ramfs approach.

Thanx
tomar