root over nfs problems

I'm having some issues with mounting a root filesystem over NFS. Maybe somebody can help me out (even if it is telling me that it isn't a kernel issue and I need to look elsewhere). I have a server running the XFS filesystem. I have a directory (/usr/local/diskless/base) shared out that has a basic linux install in it. DHCP, TFTP, and NFS are (appear to be) working. When I go to boot the diskless client, it loads the kernel up until the following point:

VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem). Mounted devfs on /dev Freeing unused kernel memory: 304k freed

At this point the computer just stops and doesn't do anything. The syslogs on the server indicate a succesful authentication and mount of that directory, and there are no additional messages.

Ideas? Is there somewhere else I should look?

--Nick

--
You can't make a difference until you are willing to be different!
--

-