Re: [IGMPv3/MLDv2] Problem using host implementation on 2.6.0-test1

> Personally, I'm really interested in "which part is not perfect?".:)
> (I've not checked all KAME codes, though.)

Actually, I tried the KAME code for FreeBSD4.7/4.8, and it is rather unstable, particularly in IPv6 (kernel errors which freezed the system). The second one i try was the patch for the NetBSD 1.6 kernel, which worked well. If you are interested, i've made a little documentation on the tests done under NetBSD.

i only noticed one thing that i think can be annoying : When a filter is set to INCLUDE{A} (where A is a source list) or EXCLUDE{A} and we remove the last source from the filter with a MCAST_UNBLOCK_SOURCE or a MCAST_LEAVE_SOURCE_GROUP operation, then, when we intended to be in EXCLUDE{} or INCLUDE{} , no filter is set anymore as if we had left the group. It can be problematic, i think, because instead of being in EXCLUDE{}, where we receive the data from all the sources, none is received.

> I've just checked /usr/include/linux of 2.6.0-test1.
> There are the definitions, e.g. MCAST_JOIN_SOURCE_GROUP, in in.h.
> Is it your answer?
>
> But anyway, why e.g. struct ip_mreq_source defines each data to __u32
> type, not struct in_addr? The MSF I-D explicitly mentions they are
> struct in_addr.

I have seen the same definitions in the kernel include, but are not present in the /usr/include, even if i make a link from /usr/include/linux to the kernel headers ( /usr/src/linux/include/linux)