Nested connections vs. reqid

Hi:

It seems that the reqid attribute doesn't play nicely with nested
connections (e.g., you have an ESP tunnel to your default gateway
and all traffic must flow through that tunnel).  With normal connections,
reqid selects the correct SAs for each IPsec connection/policy.

However, when we have nested connections, a policy may consist of multiple
layers of IPsec connections.  This means that we're forced to use the
same reqid when two nested connections share the same base connection,
which renders it useless for the purpose of selecting SAs.

Is there an obvious solution that I'm missing?
-