Re: Re:proxy help

El lun, 07 de 07 de 2003 a las 20:50, Ian Latter escribió:
Hi thanks for your answers ,

> Hello Danilo,
>

>   You're going to have a couple of problems with what you're trying to do;
>
>       - proxy authentication will not work when browsers are
>          tricked into transparent proxying (the browser doesn't
>          like proxy errors when it knows of no proxies).

OK

>       - I'm going to assume that PC1 is NATd or restrictively filtered
>          behind the gateway(s)/Linux box;  there are special network
>          helpers in the netfilter project (http://www.netfilter.org/) that
>          are required for some of these interactive protocols. I believe
>          you will need;
>
>                - H323 NAT+Helper Module to enable Netmeeting (it exists
>                  and is used by many people).
>
>                - MSN NAT+Helper Module to enable the MSN client (it does
>                   not exist, that I am aware of).

Yes, I know it , but I am in a previous problem. As you can see in a
draw , the linux box is not a default gw of PC1. I could not redirect
the msn to the linux box. I found that MSN has a form to redirect to a
proxy , I tried this but I didn't have any result. When I put in it to
use a HTTP proxy , PC1 reach linux box , but MSN complains about
authentication

thanks

dl

-