Re: ARP request/reply extrange behavior

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 05:35:06PM -0300, Diego Woitasen wrote:
> Alberto, la verdad que estaba buscando alguna respuesta que me
> justificara este comportamiento. A mi criterio me parece que esto no
> deberia ser asi, por lo tanto me gustaria que alguien me diga por que
> esto es asi.

Well, list's main language is english, so I'll try translate your post and
reply.

If somebody posted in japanese I wouldn't like it =) (and hey, people even
complained when Alan started to write his own diary in welsh!)

This says something like:
> Alberto, what I was really looking for was some explanation for this
> behaviour. IMHO this looks wrong, so I'd be nice if somebody could
> explain me why this works this way.

Well, this is really a question that gets asked frequently, you should
take a look in the archives because there are some really well explained
answers.

On a quick google search, I just found this one
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0207.2/0173.html

but I'm sure there are posts even more detailed. Look into lartc's
archives too.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
		Alberto