Re: where is the gateway address be stored in rh8?

kim dang wrote:

in my rh box 8.0 and 9.0 gateway is in file:

/etc/sysconfig/network

-kim

--- eric <eric2414@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Dear rh8 users:

highly appreciate anyone point out where is gateway
address be stored in rh8?(since I use dhcpcd to get connect from my isp,
in netconfig, if I choose dynamic ip, then I can not fill out the
gateway address)

sincere eric

Dear Kim:

would you please cat your /etc/sysconfig/network
mine is just
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=linuxspc.dns2go.com
HOSTNAME=linuxspc.dyndns.org
I add GATEWAY=<some ip>
then, service network restart,
my browser still can not visit most of site, although email is working

so now I took that GATEWAY again, and reboot
[root@linuxspc root]# echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
[root@linuxspc root]# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
[root@linuxspc root]# echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
[root@linuxspc root]# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

then getmail, then my mozilla work again, (I do not know why,but wonder)

in my mozilla my registered domain name, linuxspc.dyndns.org still not work, connection refused when attempt to connect to linuxspc.dyndns.org

I am using dhcpcd to catch dynamic ip from my isp(bellsouth.net, it actually also give me a static internal ip 192.168.1.96) to broadcasting webpage

keep failing,
I got my gateway address from my modem address 192.168.1.1254

highly appreciate your reply and advice and any futher hints sincere eric

-