Re:

Okay...
I dont know much but still I think the following may help.

I think the rule is you cant use a normal library function in linux kernel programming. In module programming the only thing you can use are the symbols exported by the kernel.

you may like to see the list by the following command..
cat /proc/ksyms

you see insmod not only loads the module but also resolves the symols, like the linking process during gcc linking.

hope this helps.
Dp

krishna prasad yalavarthi wrote:

I have a doubt regarding opening a log file in linux device drivers.

when i use

int fp;
fp = open("//etc//osiwan.log",O_CREAT|O_RDWR);

in my driver code and compile, i am able to get my library(tp02.ld). By using this tp02.ld library i build streams.o, a streams module using LiS(Linux streams). when i use

insmod streams.o

it is giving an error unresolved symbol open.
Is the above procedure correct? can any one please help me, what the problem is.

thanking you
krishna prasad