Re: ipv6 multihoming 2.4(.20)

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Frank 'xraz' Fricke wrote:
> |On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Frank 'xraz' Fricke wrote:
> |> What is the common practice/workaround for the interface-selection
> |> problem with multiple ipv6-defaultroutes? I could not find something
> |> working on the net.
> |
> |Could you be a bit more specific which issue you're referring to?  How is
> |this different from IPv4?
>
> If you have two (or more) sit-tunnels wich have a 2000::/3 or
> default route, (at least replys to incoming) packtes are always
> sent via the route last added.

Are you sure these routes are identical?

I recall doing some testing and noting that at least some packets would be
load-balanced between identical routes.

> I cannot find a way to force sending
> the packets with the interface that matches their source address.

The behaviour is the same as with IPv4, and circumventing it requires
so-called policy routing; I'm not sure if this is supported in IPv6.  You
may be able to get additional ideas from e.g.
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.html

-