TCP documentation anywere?

I am a grad student at Clarkson university and for a research project in
network protocol I need to modify how TCP works and I figured that if it
turns out well I would like to release it into the open source
community. How ever I am having difficulty checking up on all the kernel
jargon in the kernel and the naming schemes used. Is there a website
that documents the networking part of the kernel and explained the
naming scheme and the overall design.
	I'd prefer a website since books don't seem to cover the topic and fall
out of data rather fast. However I'll take what I can get.
	Some explicit questions I have are: After being processed by the IP
layer, what TCP function does it get handed up to? what forum does it
get handed up in, a struct? If so what are the fields?

...ironically it would probably be easier to make a file system since I
can find all sorts of help on VFS and other file systems...

Brendan

-