Re: TCP sequence number generation algorithm

Dear Ts'o:

Thank you for your polite explanation.

I can figure out the reason of sequence number generation algorithm in
 linux owing to you.

> Using MD5 and a random ISN merely degrades performance and provides
> only a placebo-level increase in the net security of the system, while
> decreasing the correctness of the TCP implementation.

I did not know that Using MD5 and random ISN descrease the correctness
of the TCP implementation.

Thank you.

> And, of course, an attacker which is on the network patch between the
> client and and the server can simply observe the sequence numbers, and
> forge packets with the appropriate sequence numbers such that the
> communication peers accepts the forged packet as real.  The only real
> way to fix this is to use real crypto.
Certainly.

Yours, Sincerely.