UDP Packet Order

I'm dealing with a x86 linux application that receives UDP packets and
records information contained within the packet.  Unfortunately, this
application requires the UDP packets to be received in order (I know,
that's really dumb but it's not my application to change).  Anyway,
network sniffer output shows that the UDP packets are arriving at the
linux box in order but the application is reporting them out of order.

My main question is, once a UDP packet arrives at the ethernet
interface, does the kernel send them up to user space in the order that
they were received or might it reorder them for some reason?

Thanks for the help,

Craig
-